We use the following criteria to assess the level and title of coaches at SoCal Volleyball Club. These criteria aren’t exhaustive, and they aren’t mere checklists. We use the criteria as a guide for having individualized discussions about career progression.
These criteria chiefly examine the scope of work someone is capable of tackling independently on a series of projects over an extended period of time (doing something well once isn’t enough to justify advancement). In addition to that assessment, we also look at the quality of the execution itself.
- Work happens completely autonomously with no regular need for review.
- Fully capable of owning and running a team and attracting 60+ players to headliner camp.
- Helps set and maintain professional standards for the entire organization.
- Deep, substantial expertise in multiple positions, appropriate age group progressions, and game strategy.
- Capable of maintaining world-class member satisfaction throughout the season/program.
- Deep expertise in a minimum of three positions, invents new concepts.
- Usually at least 8-12 years of coaching experience.
Examples: Sherry Clouet, Angel Hinkle